The Crazy Write Winger
Thursday, February 06, 2003
Ten reasons not to invade Iraq
10. We want to give anti-war zealots time to get in place as human shields before we start bombing.
9. Iraq doesn't have enough oil anyway.
8. The UN Security Council needs something to do.
7. Nobody likes a sequel.
6. Oh come on, Saddam really does have a cool moustache.
5. If we did go to war, what would all those UN inspectors do with their days?
4. They're still counting dimpled chad from their last presidential election.
3. Invading France would be so much more fun.
2. There are countries with much better real estate we could conquer.
1. Smoking guns in Iraq require a criminal background check and a seven-day waiting period.
And for those liberals who need their hand held in order to face reality we present:
Today’s smoking gun:
Under the terms of UN Security Council 687, Iraq was unconditionally required to destroy, remove, or render harmless all chemical and biological weapons, stockpiles and all related development, research, support and manufacturing facilities.
Now, recall from the recent Security Council Resolution 1441:
4. Decides that false statements or omissions in the declarations submitted
by Iraq pursuant to this resolution and failure by Iraq at any time to comply with,
and cooperate fully in the implementation of, this resolution shall constitute a
further material breach of Iraq’s obligations.
Excerpts from Hans Blix’s report on January 27, 2003, before the UN Security Council:
Iraq produces documents dated AFTER 1991 which indicate they were researching chemical weapons (VX gas), and has chemical warheads stored in a bunker they say were stored there after the Gulf War. Never mind, of course, that Blix’s report states the bunker didn’t even exist at the time the Iraqis claim they put them there.
A proclamation of Crazy Write Winger 7:52 AM
"Today's report confirms that, despite White House scare tactics, Social Security remains sound for decades to come.."
-? Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid (NV) upon hearing reports that the Social Security and Medicare Trust Funds will go bankrupt even earlier than predicted.